At NRECA, we are more than just a trade association that represents cooperatives; we are a cooperative ourselves
Cooperatives Build A Better World
At NRECA, we believe cooperatives build a better world and we are looking for talented people to join us.
We are a mission-driven organization with more than 700 employees supporting more than 900 private, consumer-owned electric cooperatives across the country.
More than just a trade association:
- NRECA administers the health and retirement plans for more than 43,000 employees nationwide.
- NRECA works with co-ops to bring electricity to communities across the globe.
- NRECA advocates on behalf of our 42 million electric consumers from Alaska to Maine to Florida.
Concern for Community
NRECA and its employees support various local, national and international charities with matching contribution campaigns and "in-kind giving" drives for food, clothing, school supplies and blood.
NRECA also promotes community service projects and provides up to three days a year of volunteer paid time off to employees who give their time and effort to worthy causes.
A Great Place to Work
We think NRECA is a great place to work—but don’t just take our word for it. See what Computerworld, The Washington Post, Northern Virginia Family Service and The Lincoln Journal Star have to say:
- NRECA has been on Computerworld’s “100 Best Places to Work in IT” list for 10 straight years.
- The Washington Post included NRECA on its “Top Workplaces Award” list in 2017, 2018 and 2020.
- Northern Virginia Family Service recognized NRECA for promoting a positive work-life balance with 17 CARE Awards 17 since 2002.
- NRECA’s Lincoln Nebraska Headquarters has been honored by the Lincoln Journal Star as a Best Place to Work in Lincoln in 2013, 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
NRECA and its member cooperatives value innovation, and they are constantly asking themselves "What will be the next greatest thing?"