As the national service organization that represents America’s electric cooperatives, NRECA works to empower electric cooperatives and to help ensure their long-term success in a number of ways:
- Amplifying the voice of America’s electric cooperatives and their consumer-members in Washington, D.C.
- Working with elected officials to keep electricity safe, reliable and affordable.
- Helping the employees of electric cooperatives learn and grow professionally.
- Promoting the cooperative business model and the benefits of co-op membership.
- Researching and communicating with NRECA voting members regarding legal tax, environmental and other issues.
- Spearheading programs to strengthen co-ops and their communities, such as advocacy campaigns and workforce development initiatives.
Advocacy: Lend Your Voice to Co-op Issues
Take action on issues that impact co-ops and our communities through the Cooperative Action Network website--the advocacy hub for America's electric cooperatives.
Join our growing grassroots army today and become part of our team of more than one million advocates around the nation. By signing up, you'll maximize your voice as you hold elected officials accountable and promote the importance of electric cooperatives across the nation.Take Action
Empowering Co-ops Through Education
Talented employees provide great service
To help cooperative staff provide the best possible service to their consumer-members, NRECA offers classroom-based and online employee education in many disciplines that include supervisory skills, communications, engineering, safety and management.
Education is the cornerstone of effective self-governance
NRECA also provides a wide array of training for the cooperative’s elected leaders: their directors/trustees. It is our strongly held belief that cooperative consumer-members are best served by directors/trustees who are well-versed in democratic principles and who understand the industry and how this industry can move forward to meet changing demands.
Co-ops Vote Campaign
Rural America is often overlooked in Washington, D.C. We cannot allow our voices to go unrepresented in the elections this November. Join our non-partisan "Co-ops Vote" campaign and bring the issues that matter most to rural America to the ballot box.
Visit Visit www.vote.coop.