As the national service organization that represents America’s electric cooperatives, NRECA works to empower co-ops and to help ensure their long-term success in a number of ways:
- Amplifying the voice of co-ops and their consumer-members in Washington, D.C.
- Working with elected officials to keep electricity safe, reliable and affordable.
- Helping the employees of electric co-ops learn and grow professionally.
- Promoting the cooperative business model and the benefits of co-op membership.
- Researching and communicating with NRECA voting members regarding legal tax, environmental and other issues.
- Spearheading programs to strengthen co-ops and their communities, such as advocacy campaigns and workforce development initiatives.
Advocacy: Voices for Cooperative Power
Rural electric cooperatives provide electricity to more than 42 million Americans across 48 states. Voices for Cooperative Power is a network of electric co-op members working together to ensure the needs of rural America are reflected in policy decisions.Take Action
Vets Power Us Initiative
We strongly believe that hiring and caring for veterans and military spouses strengthens our co-ops and our communities. We created the Vets Power Us initiative to:
• Help veterans explore meaningful career opportunities within America’s electric cooperatives.
• Help co-ops recruit, hire and honor veterans.
Empowering Co-ops Through Education
Talented employees provide great service
To help cooperative staff provide the best possible service to their consumer-members, NRECA offers classroom-based and online employee education in many disciplines that include supervisory skills, communications, engineering, safety and management.
Education is the cornerstone of effective self-governance
NRECA also provides a wide array of training for the cooperative’s elected leaders: their directors/trustees. It is our strongly held belief that cooperative consumer-members are best served by directors/trustees who are well-versed in democratic principles and who understand the industry and how this industry can move forward to meet changing demands.
Co-ops Vote Campaign
Rural America is often overlooked in Washington, D.C. We cannot allow our voices to go unrepresented in elections. Join our nonpartisan Co-ops Vote campaign and bring the issues that matter most to rural America to the ballot box.