Co-ops at a Glance
• Co-ops own and maintain 42% (2.7 million miles) of U.S. electric distribution lines that serve our communities.
• Co-ops serve 42 million people across 2,500+ counties, including 92% of persistent poverty counties.
• Co-ops power over 20 million businesses, homes, schools and farms in 48 states.
• 200 co-ops are providing or planning to deploy broadband service to more than 6 million households.
• In 2019, America’s electric co-ops returned more than $1.3 billion in capital credits to their consumer-members.
Learn more →