We believe cooperatives build a better world, and we’re looking for talented people to join us.
A Great Place to Work
• Northern Virginia Family Service CARE Award – 15 consecutive years
• Top Workplaces Award – The Washington Post
• Best Place to Work Award – Lincoln Journal Star, Lincoln, Nebraska
• State of Nebraska Governor's Wellness Award
What We Do
As a mission-driven organization with offices in Arlington, Virginia, Lincoln, Nebraska, and Madison, Wisconsin, we support more than 900 private, consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people across the country. We’re committed to helping our members tackle the most pressing challenges in today’s evolving energy industry.
We power communities, empower our members and inspire the future through:
NRECA is a trade association, financial services firm and international development organization all in one, making for a dynamic—and unique—work environment.
While our work may vary, NRECA employees are united by our mission, inclusive culture, collaborative environment and a commitment to service excellence. We operate with integrity, transparency and a spirit of innovation.
NRECA’s Total Value program is designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. Our package includes financial, wellbeing, paid leave, professional development and other services, creating a robust range of offerings that values the whole employee. Highlights include:
- Generous 401(k) employer match and contribution and tradition pension plan for retirement
- Robust insurance coverage for the family, including health, dental, vision, life and AD&D
- Hybrid work schedules with equipment, technology and resources for success
- Professional development, including educational assistance up to $10,000 a year
- Generous paid time off and 13 holidays per year
Diverse Career Options
The diversity of our business means there’s no shortage of varied career opportunities at NRECA. Hear from just a few of our employees about what they do and why they love working on behalf of America’s electric cooperatives.
What Our Employees Say
NRECA offers 12-week paid summer internships in our Arlington and Lincoln offices. Internships are offered across a variety of disciplines, offering substantive project experience and exposing students to the diversity of this dynamic industry. The application period runs from February through early March.