Electric cooperatives collectively provide health insurance benefits to over 100,000 employees, retirees and their families. Whether the co-ops provide health insurance through NRECA’s Group Benefits Program or from another source, NRECA is committed to supporting all efforts to make health care more affordable, reliable and sustainable so that co-ops can afford to maintain these critical employee benefits.
NRECA is a founding member and co-chair of the Lobbying Committee of the National Coalition on Benefits, a group of major employer trade associations and large and small employers (www.coalitiononbenefits.org), sits on the Board of Directors of the American Benefits Council, the preeminent advocate of employer-sponsored benefit programs in Washington (americanbenefitscouncil.org) and a founding member of the Alliance to Fight the 40, a new, broad-based coalition of public and private sector employers, businesses and unions whose sole health care focus in 2015 is full repeal of the “Cadillac Tax” for ALL employers nationwide.
- What Co-ops Need to Know: Affordable Care Act: “Cadillac” Tax (PDF)
- ACA Timeline for Co-ops (PDF)
- ACA Tax Reporting Glossary of Terms (PDF)
- ACA Tax Reporting Forms Decision Tree (PDF)
- ACA Maximum Out-of-Pocket Limits (PDF)
- ACA Individual Mandate Tax Reporting Requirements (PDF)
- ACA Employer Mandate Tax Reporting Requirements (PDF)
- ACA Tax Reporting Webinar Questions & Answers (PDF)